the Elemental Me

I'm kind of a recluse, and I've started to realize the need to be more public so I don't start losing my friends during High School and the turmoil following...so here I am.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Wow are things busy.

I really don't like that my life has degenerated into work and computer games. It's like last summer, but without the convenient location, cool housemates, and frequent parties.

It seems very boring, and I'm not really branching out and meeting new people...which is mostly ok with me; I really just want to earn a lot of money so I can go back to school...and to go back to school soon. Against my dulled state and desire to find immense satisfaction in having the house to myself, I find myself really wanting to go back to Morris, fix up my room, and enjoy the rest of the summer with AC and a lazy small town.

Le sigh.

But instead I find myself working day after day, somehow skipping days ahead to the deadline of my parents coming home (I need to do a lot of maintenance that they asked me to do before they come home in order to be reimbursed for food).

Seriously. Just yesterday I read an email from my dad reminding me that they're coming home a week from tomorrow...but he meant Wednesday. Wasn't it just yesterday? No. It was three and a half days ago.

I really don't quite understand what's going on. Wasn't I going to write poetry or shorts or something this summer? Wasn't I going to work on learning the guitar? Wasn't I going to do something with my time other than waste it?

I am tired of being tired, and tired of that.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You are not the only one wanting to go back to Morris. I find myself trying to be productive, and instead spending all my time working a job that I hate and arguing with my parents because they feel like they never see me. A month and a half left...somehow too soon, yet waaaaaaaayyyyy too far away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home