the Elemental Me

I'm kind of a recluse, and I've started to realize the need to be more public so I don't start losing my friends during High School and the turmoil following...so here I am.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I was sittin', waitin', wishin'
you believed in superstition
then maybe you'd see the signs.

I've been getting more and more attracted to acoustic and country music, lately. Not like Keith Urban and Rascal Flat's country: the depressing country where people get hanged and the people singing the songs are alchoholics.

I have to go to work in two hours. It is two O'clock. wth.

But anyway, acoustic. Like Johnny Cash, Jack Johnson, Amos Lee, Mason Jennings, Waylan Jennings, for that matter.

Actually, now that I think of it, it's not just acoustic music. It's all the music I'd come to love over the last year but hadn't had deep ties to, or hadn't had chances to burn, and I mostly just listen to music in the car. So I've been listening mostly to Death Cab and Phish, Gish and Century Spring and all the albums that I know how to sing to.

I guess what I really mean (for real this time) is that I've been getting wrapped up in music more, recently.

And since I really could care about that silly music blog I tried, here are some suggestions for listening. They may or may not carry some sort of significance for me, but what I really want to happen is for other people to apply their own significances to them. Keep in mind these are songs, not albums.

Rebel Rebel-Seu Jorge
Suffused With Love-Sondre Lerche
True Dreams of Wichita-Soul Coughing (if you don't listen to Soul Coughing alone in your car on cool nights whipping by street lights...well then you aren't living.)
The Hand that Feeds-Nine Inch Nails
In the Waiting Line-Zero 7 (you probably have heard it;it's from Garden State. However, I would encourage you to listen to it without listening to it and try to drift away from your day. You might be surprised how far you get in 4:33.)
The Way I Feel Inside-the Zombies (It's all old-timey and good. And applicable.)
This whole Show, and frankly, everything this band has come out with is worth a listen.

I think that's all I've got energy for. I somehow need to pick up my parents at 7:15 this morning...notice any scheduling conflicts? I need to figure that out, clean up the house, and find some way to relax.

Good night guys. I hope to see you soon, somehow.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Rachel
We should hang out sometime Master Evan. Before the summer has completely swept us by.
I have not seen you since the night of the stew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home