the Elemental Me

I'm kind of a recluse, and I've started to realize the need to be more public so I don't start losing my friends during High School and the turmoil following...so here I am.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Curacao, Day -1 through 1

Day -1:

Got up @ 6 to fly out from Ithaca, to Cities.

Went to SawatDee's with Katie and Shelby. Wonderful food. I had a bed all to myself in the hotel room because Shelby still had to go home to pack (the irony of this is probably lost on you, but it's pretty damn ironic).

Day 0:

Got up @ 3 to fly out from the Cities. Instead of a sensical flight plan, we went to Dallas/Fort Worth before Miami, then Miami to Curacao International. This huge, bearded dude (Scuba Steve) met us at the airport with the coolest Toyota van ever, and we dodged crazy island traffic and stray dogs to arrive at Steve's Wife (Heleen) and his plantation-turned hotel-turned villa. They have two dogs that were doped up because otherwise the fireworks going off would freak them out and they'd wreck a bunch of shit. Had some beer and went to bed.

Day 1:

Woke up @ 6 to the dogs licking my face. We went to the sea aquarium to take the morning class, and I am now on lunch break before our first dive. This place is DAMN sweet.

I will have pictures up soon, I promise.

Additional Notes:

Nat Sherman mints (not "hinta' mints") are great.
Curacao is by far the most beautiful place I've ever been. I'm here for less than 24 hours and already I'm scheming to return.
Flying sucks. It always has, and always will.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Arvesse said...

Wow, Evan, you need to post pictures of your trip! or show me some sometime. i'm glad you're having [er, had?] a good time, though i'm sorry i didn't see you over break.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home